Thursday, April 21, 2016

Seeing Is Believing



  
  

  

Prayer 


  Lord God, Thank you for your tender mercy and unfailing love. Please Lord, give me a clean heart so that I can see you. Give me spiritual wisdom to give godly counsel and to labor today as your representative in the earth. Lead me and guide me by your spirit so that I can cooperate with your work in the earth. Please comfort those who have suffered the tragic loss of a loved one.  Bless our nation, and our government --give them wisdom for the task before them. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.



Seeing is Believing by Veronica Garrett 

 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 1 Timothy 4:1
We live in a time when people are intrigued with the supernatural. There are many shows that demonstrate signs and wonders.  Some would say, "seeing is believing".  Unfortunately, many Christians fail to discern spirits and assume that any spiritual manifestation has to be God. In contrast, we know that our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Believers who are willing to believe what they see can easily be misled. While often searching for the newest move of the spirit as well as some manifestation of spiritual gifts, people can be influenced by deceiving spirits.  What I've learned about spirit led living is my own desires have to give way to God's greatest purpose. A person can have great boldness and fervor to  pronounce and lead in their own way and not be led of the Spirit.  
Learning to listen to the Spirit's leading is a growing process. If we never begin to listen we will fail to hear.  Our own unctions have to be deciphered and as we cooperate with the Holy Spirit he willingly teaches us how to hear and see Him more clearly. While driving to work one day I felt a strong urge to stop at a gas station. I believed I was being led of the Spirit to do so. My car was nearly full of gas and with some relunctance I pull up to the gas pump. No sooner than I could step out of the car a man asked me would I buy him something to eat. I went inside and purchased as much as one can find in a convenience store for breakfast. The man's face was filled with gratitude and he said, "Thank you, God Bless You". It was my great privilege and the joy of the Lord over flooded my heart. Over the years I've been asked for food and money by many but I can never recall that look of appreciation nor the prior unction. God is in the people business--saving the lost, helping the needy and encouraging spiritual growth. 
We should not quench the spirit but always allow Him to freely flow in our lives. We must yield ourselves to God and be used for His glory.  When God promises to exalt, bless and esteem us before men it always has His purpose at heart.  In the last days many false teachings will happen within the church. The people of God must know the truth in order to recognize falsehood. In this case, one great resource that is often overlooked is the word of God.  It brings into balance my understanding of the ways and character of God.  It also restrains from misrepresenting the God we love by violating His divine order and principles. Those who deceiving spirits often prey upon think studying somehow is at odds with their faith so they tend to value an abstract view of faith matters.  In contrast, scripture is the guide to help keep us on track. 
Charisma and animated expression are not true witness of God's presence and the people of God must test the spirit by the spirit.  Seeing is not always believing. Some manifestations are from the pit of hell. They are traps used by the evil one in efforts to deceive the elect. One lesson we learn in this life of faith is that our natural vision is often misaligned with what is happening in the supernatural. When we are poor we are rich. We we are cursed we are blessed. When we are seemingly defeated we stand in victory.  Only when we believe God can we see things as they really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment