Thursday, April 28, 2016

A "Can Do" Attitude


  
Prayer 
Lord God, I thank you for this day. You are my Strong Tower. Oh God arise, let your enemies 
be scattered. I know that trials come to strengthen my faith. Thank you for sufficient grace 
each and every day. Please bless my Pastor and His family, my church family and friends. 
Bless my co-workers and my family, In Jesus' name, Amen. 





A "Can Do" Attitude by Veronica Garrett 
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13 (NKJV)

There comes a time when every child of God must face a giant. What are giants? They are great challenges, opposition and resistance to achieving our goals.  Many of us can supercede the expectation of those around us in optimal circumstance.  However, the idea of facing a giant is the ability to perservere in the face of adversity. The amazing race that we run does not go to the swift nor the strong but to the one that endures to the end.  When I consider that my talent or abilities will not secure the prize, it is true that having a "can do" attitude will. Any time you are developing endurance you are growing stronger in order to overcome whatever tries to hold you back.
Far too often we fail to press on towards the mark of the high calling. A "Can Do" Attitude gives assurance when my qualifications, temperament, or skills constrain me Christ strengthens me so that I can. My weaknesses are real but when I consider my God He is far greater. Rather than face a giant, we surrender dreams of becoming business owners, artists, doctors, or other careers we greatly desire. In as much as my distrust appears to be toward's myself it really goes deeper than that.  I find it difficult to invest all that I am into believing that I can do all things through Christ. I find it hard to believe He will strengthen my many weaknesses.
In 1Samuel 17, we have the young David coming bring a care package to his three older brothers who are in the Valley of Elah with Saul and all of then men of Israel fighting the Philistine. David's father sent him to see how his brothers were doing. So here Goliath is giving his daily insult toward Israel and David witnesses it. In 1 Samuel 17:26, he asked the men standing near him, "What will be done for the man who kills this Philistine and removes this disgrace from Israel? Who is this uncircumcised Philistine that he should defy the armies of the living God?"
The giant Goliath has been making his comments each morning and evening for forty days. So David tells Saul he will fight Goliath. After some resistence Saul  agrees to allow David to fight Goliath. David stated that Lord would deliver him from the giant.  Anytime we are facing a giant we are in need of the miraculous. So with five smooth stones and a sling the young David faced an armored giant named Goliath. David went against the giant in the name of the Lord and he struck Him down. Some of the giants that we run from we should run toward in the name of the Lord. Only then can we have a "can do" attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment