Thursday, February 25, 2016

Avoid Head Injuries

Prayer 

My gracious and compassionate Father, with unfailing love and mercy that endureth forever. I thank you for your redeeming love— I bless you Father for my salvation found in the mighty name of Jesus. No other name can one be saved except the name of your beautiful son, Jesus Christ. My sins separated me from you but Christ alone fulfills the hope I have in you. He is the solid Rock in which I stand.  All other ground is sinking sand. Help me to walk humbly before you knowing that my salvation is a gift and that my righteous deeds do not make me worthy. The worthy Lamb frees me from the punishment my sins deserve. Thank you Father for grace through faith, in the name of my Redeemer, Jesus I pray. Amen. 

 Avoid Head Injuries by Veronica Garrett 
“Take the helmet of salvation…”Ephesians 5:17
There are many injuries that can cause us severe harm but none that can cause emotional and physical paralysis like that of the brain. The brain acts as a key operating system in the human body. When the brain shuts down the entire body becomes inactive.  When our enemy attacks our minds he knows that data processing begins here.  If you ever want to see a believer set free from any stronghold, any pit, or any addiction, it begins in the mind.  Godly sorrow leads to repentance but sorrow begins with hearts and minds that know that we were created for more. 
Salvation is found in Jesus Christ.  It is found in no one else, and there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. (Acts 4:12) The gospel is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes. Hearing the gospel or seeing the truth in God’s word and confessing with our mouths involves our minds.  They process the data for us to hear, see and speak. There is nothing that sets a Christian’s up for failure like not having a made up mind. If you haven’t decided to stand in faith you probably won’t.  
In Daniel 1:8, “But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine”… Prior to being sat at the king’s table Daniel had already made up his mind not to eat food offered to idols.  In spite of the kings orders not to bow to any other god Daniel prayed to his God. When I’ve made up my mind to live for Christ at times reason and logic are challenged by faith. My feelings are challenged by the life of faith. My comfort zone is shaken up.  My common sense is dull because it cannot reason through faith. I must set my mind on things above and not earthly things. My mind though cooperative enough to believe in God often wars against believing God to live a life of faith. 
The enemy threatens with fear tactics in order to make us doubt and distrust God. He accuses us daily in efforts to discourage and disarm us. His psychological tactics show up as fear, worry, sadness, depression and dissatisfaction.  The helmet of salvation protects my mind so that in spite of my problems or circumstances I will believe God.

No comments:

Post a Comment