Thursday, November 26, 2015

Will You Take A Stand?

Will You Take A Stand? by Veronica Garrett 
  Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to standStand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place. 
Ephesians 6:13-14 

Our public lives should be an overflow of our private lives.  Our public worship should not surpass our private worship.  There is something dishonest about only demonstrating our love for God when we have an audience or assembly.  The extravagance of our worship should depend on being in the presence of the King.  Collective expressions should be coming from the overflow of what happens in our secret places.

When the woman who had lived a sinful life broke her alabaster box and poured it on Jesus’ head, the disciples had to be far from her mind.  She probably knew her actions would be met with disproval but somehow she didn’t care about “saving face” before these men.  She was bold! 
She bowed down before Jesus because He was her audience. Do you have an audience of one?

She was extravagant in her worship!  She had a year’s wage in that box but as she broke it, the aroma filled the room. And although talk is cheap, she demonstrated that He was worthy of every ounce of her fragrant offering. As the tears begin to flow from her eyes she knew that those tears would be most useful at the feet of Jesus.  This woman knew her pain could serve him. She then wiped Jesus’ feet with her hair. Talk about humility!

More recently I was postured before the Lord while I was physically standing and yearning to kneel and I felt as if God was gently whispering to my heart asking me will you take a stand for me?  It’s as if what He’s asking me, do you really want to bow down and worship me?  Make no mistakes, I physically bow, I kneel, I lie prostrate and these are necessary postures for any child of God.  When we encounter the One far greater than ourselves humility is the appropriate response.
I feel God was speaking to me that when you truly bow down to worship me you will stand. 

When you take a stand you are willing to do it at the expense of being misunderstood, scrutinized, with great discomfort, as well as with the tremendous opposition of the evil one.  Would you follow me to the point of feeling the pressure from within as well as the external pressures of life beating against the course of the journey?  It’s as if the Lord was saying to me when you truly bow down before me, you take a stand.

Someone once said, One who kneels before the king of Kings can stand before any man. When our hearts bow we are not tossed to and fro, unstable by being double-minded. When we yield ourselves to God we are empowered to stand. The disciples faced tremendous oppositions and physical distress but they managed to stand even in the face of death.

Reservoirs of scriptures begin to flow through my mind. Stand. Put on the full armor of God so when the the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything to standStand firm then with the belt of truth buckled around your waist…(Ephesians 6:13-14) You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved(Matthew 10::21-23).  But they (Jews) were broken off because of unbelief, and you standby faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble(Romans 11:20).  So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall(1 Corinthians 10:12)!

Regardless what we are up against Christ is stronger and greater than any opposition we face.  He stands victorious above all our weaknesses as well as our enemy.  Aren’t you glad? The battle is not yours it’s the Lord's!   All you have to do is stand firm. All I have to do is stand.  Let us stand when all else fails.

Dear Lord, please help us to stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment