Thursday, November 5, 2015

Leave An Open Door for the Enemy

  

  

Prayer 





  Lord God, I am grateful to you for your amazing grace. Thank you for forgiving me for my sins.  Today, I praise you for the blood of Jesus that cleanses me from my sins. I know that you are an all knowing God and as I confess my sins to you you are faithful to cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Thank you for chooses not to remember my sins. I pray that I will love others out of your abounding love. Please bring healing to the body of Christ, young and old, especially to marriages, families, co-workers, and friends.
  
Leave an Open Door for the Enemy by Veronica Garrett 
In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. Ephesians 4:26


We have to be careful not to leave the door ajar for the devil. We lock our homes and protect them with security systems but if we are not careful the front door of our lives can be standing wide open for the evil one due to unforgiveness.  This is one area that many of us would rather fake a healing than to actually receive one.
The Lord requires that we pour our hearts out to him. He willing takes the good, the bad, and the ugly.  If I allow what has made me angry to darken my heart the evil one will defeat me. Satan will have a trump card over me…something to jerk and puppeteer me around.   It is cancerous to hold on to unforgiveness because it will manifest itself into other areas of my life.  It’s like keeping a ticking time bomb and hoping it doesn’t detonate. The poison of unforgiveness destroys the carrier unlike any other disease.  

Many times we say things like, "I don’t think I can forgive"… what we really mean is, you know what, I don’t want to forgive.  In fact, right now I like being angry. I’m not desperately crying out to God to help me forgive because I'm hurting. Someone has hurt me badly and I don’t want to ever feel this way again. Instead I’m going to hold on to the hurt because if I forgive him or her this person could toy with my emotion once more. If I let go of the old hurt I might get a new hurt. But if I hold on to the old hurt I will feel a familiar pain. 



And Jesus, while sitting at the right hand of the Father, knows the depth of emotion and the complexity mankind has about forgiving the guilty. And yet He himself innocently hung on the cross after being placed there by the guilty.  He said forgive them because they know not what they do. He has demonstrated that true forgiveness is the bridge to seeing the glory of God. Do you want to see the glory of God? 

Forgiveness is the bridge to peace and the gate that opens and releases healing power. Don't fake a healing. Receive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment