Thursday, July 14, 2016

Show Me Your Glory

        Show Me Your Glory

  

  

Prayer 
Great and Mighty God! You alone are Holy!  Wonderful Father I exalt thee! All Power is in 
your hands. I'm so thankful that nothing happens unless you allow it or decree it. I praise you 
Lord because you cause all things to work for my good. Help me to see your grace and
favor on my life. Remove all pride from my heart. Teach me to have a grateful heart and to
 walk in humility. Bless the Nigerian Christians who are experiencing persecution. Please 
protect them from the enemy and give them surmountable grace, comfort and peace in the 
mists of great devastation. In Jesus' name, Amen.





                 Show Me Your Glory by Veronica Garrett 
Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory." 
And the LORD said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."  
Exodus 33:18-20

Moses wanted a new revelation of God. He wanted to know the Him better so he asked to see the glory of the Lord. And although Moses really didn't know what he was asking for the Lord responded by revealing Himself to Moses in a new way. Moses wanted to see God but no man can see the Lord's face and live. I'm so glad that the Lord knows what's best for us inspite of what we might ask of Him.
Moses stood on Mount Sinai and the Lord came down in cloud.  He hid Moses in the cleft in the rock and covered him with his hand until he passed. Then he removed his hand and allowed Moses to see his back. He allowed Moses to see his back, but Moses could not see His face. And as the Lord passed by in front of Moses proclaiming, "The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished...(Exodus 34:6-7)" 
. And here we have Moses experiencing God's first self disclosure in scripture. Moses is getting a new revelation of who the Lord truly is.  His response is he bowed to the ground at once and worship. When the glory of the Lord enters we are always humbled.  Here Moses was about to begin a new phase of his journey because he's bringing the ten commandments down to the people. Sometimes a believer is in need of a new revelation of the Lord.
A greater insight into God's nature and character would bless Moses as well as those under his leadership. Far too often the body of Christ misses the opportunity to see the glory of God because our vision is far too short sighted, we tie God's glory to tangible things. God's glory brings me face to face with truth, most often it brings godly sorrow which leads me to repent of my sins. I find a deeper commitment, spiritual hunger and spiritual insight when the Lord reveals Himself. Pray that God reveals Himself to us in a personal way so that we too can learn more about His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment