Thursday, June 30, 2016

Fresh Faith

                   Fresh Faith

  
  

  

Prayer 
 Lord Almighty,  I come rejoicing in your presence and manifying 
your Holy Name!  Thank you for being so good to me. Please bless my family, friends and co-workers to prosper in all things. Please protect Christians throughout the world from persecution. Give them grace and strength to endure all hardships. In Jesus' name, Amen. 




                          Fresh Faith by Veronica Garrett 
What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. James 2:14-17

A simple question is, do we work to be saved or do we work because we are saved? Some will say things like, "I've got to get myself together so I can go to heaven, or "I have some habits I have to shake and then I'll give my life to God."  When they speak it sounds like they need to do something to get right with God.  It sounds like after they work then they will be acceptable to God. In fact, in sounds like after they clean themselves up then they can come to God.
It is unclear if they are always working and wondering have they done enough to be saved or if they really have received the spirit of promise which is the deposit guaranteeing our inheritance. Salvation is the gift of God, not attained by works so that no man can boast . When we truly believes something it moves us beyond cognitive recognition. When we believe we are moved to action.
In fact, when we come close to God his power working through our lives moves us to do something. Puny faith sees a person in need and believes someone else will come along to help. Fresh faith causes one to react like in the parable of the Good Samaritan. The Samaritan used his resources to aid a person in need.Whereas the Levite and the priest avoided the man beaten by robbers and left for dead at all cost. 
In the book of James we are reminded that works and faith go hand in hand. Although we don't work to be saved we work because we saved. My works testify to my faith. Without any activity my faith is as dead as a doorknob. In Hebrews chapter 11 we are reminded what men and women accomplished by faith. As with us when we activate our faith it always works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment